HE & Careers issues for week 5 are as follows:
- LAW – The Young Lawyer Programme, to be held at UCL on November 26th. We anticipate being fully-booked within the next three weeks. The programme brings professionals from some of the UK’s most illustrious law firms and barristers’ chambers to UCL to give students a 360 degree immersion into the world of a lawyer. Students will gain a full internship experience through a mixture of presentations, interactive case studies and panel discussions. This will provide them with a unique addition to their UCAS personal statements, and boost their future career prospects. Professionals in attendance on the day will include:
- – Criminal Barrister specialising in fraud matters – Senior Associate at a ‘Magic Circle’ City firm specialising in Mergers & Acquisitions – Head of Graduate Recruitment at a US law firm – Government Human Rights Lawyer who formerly served Theresa May
|CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR PLACE|
InvestIN Education will also be hosting the Young Engineer, Young Doctor, Young Investment Banker, and Young Journalist Programmes this term. Please click here for more details. For any further information please send us an email at email@example.com or call us on 0844 057 0242
- 24 WEIRD JOBS YOU NEVER KNEW EXISTED. When choosing a career, there are plenty of common options that spring to mind, but here are some jobs you may not have imagined. read more
- GUIDE TO UK DEGREE APPRENTICESHIPS The Scholarship Hub have produced a useful guide to degree apprenticeships, available on their website. read more .
- DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ARCHAEOLOGIST? Archaeologists learn about the past by studying sites and excavating, classifying, recording and preserving objects – but what are the entry requirements and how much do they earn? read more
- KINGS COLLEGE LONDON, UNIVERSITY TASTER COURSES. New university taster courses in Digital Culture, English & Comparative Literature, and Religion and Theology have been added to the programme of university taster courses taking place in 2017. These new taster courses aimed at current sixth form students are taking place at King’s College London and are all free to attend. There are limited places available so please sign up now to your preferred taster course/s by following the relevant link/s below or at london.ac.uk/tasters.
Please note that neither I nor Wellington have vetted or significantly researched these opportunities. They have been selected due to being of potential interest to pupils and assumed to be supported by a recognised institution and thus thought to be worthy of note. Do please carry out your own research and do please let me know if you have any opinions on these opportunities, good or bad, so this service can be improved.
Chris Ewart – Head of Higher Education