- LAWYER, BANKER, ENGINEER, DOCTOR, JOURNALIST PROGRAMMES. InvestIN write to update you on their 2018 programmes for 15-18 year-olds, with live and interactive professional experiences in some of the UK’s most sought-after industries. The Young Doctor Programme: London – Sunday 18th February 2018 Manchester – Sunday 25th February 2018 The Young Engineer Programme: London – Sunday 25th March 2018 The Young Investment Banker Programme: London – Sunday 25th February 2018 Manchester – Sunday 18th March 2018 The Young Lawyer Programme: London – Sunday 25th March 2018 Manchester – Sunday 11th March 2018 The Young Journalist Programme: London – Sunday 29th April 2018
- BATH UNIVERSITY – SOCIAL SCIENCES AND SPORT, EXERCVISE & HEALTH. At Bath they have two events next month that may be of interest to Year 11 and Year 12 students: Spotlight on Social Sciences and Spotlight on Sport, Exercise and Health. These events are free-of-charge, and will take place at the University of Bath. Places are offered to a number of schools on a first-come, first-served basis. In order to apply to take part in either event you should e-mail Stephanie Gan to obtain a booking form
Spotlight on Social Sciences – This is an academic event for Year 11 and 12 students with workshops taken from our eight social sciences degree courses- Criminology, Education with Psychology, International Development with Economics, Politics, Psychology, Sociology, Social Policy, and Social Work. Students will be able to:
find out more about our social sciences degree courses
- tour our university campus
- meet and learn from our social sciences lecturers and researchers
- attend two social science workshops
- meet some of our current social sciences students
- find out about placement opportunities, careers and employability.
- This event will take place on Thursday 1st Feb 2018 from 0930 – 1500.
Spotlight on Sport, Exercise & Health. This is an academic event for Year 11 and 12 students with interactive workshops taken from the University’s prestigious sports degree programmes. Students will be able to:
- find out more about the prestigious sports degree programmes offered at Bath
- tour our outstanding sports facilities and laboratories
- meet and learn from University lecturers and researchers
- attend two sport workshops
- meet some of our athletes and students studying our sports degrees
- find out about placements, careers and employability
- receive information, advice and guidance on perfecting their UCAS application.
This event will take place on Friday 2nd Feb 2018 from 1000 – 1500.
|Email us now to request a booking form|
- WARWICK IN LONDON, UNIVERSITY OF WARWICK, PRE-UNIVERSITY TASTER Our Pre-University Courses are designed for students who will be applying (or have applied) to university and who wish to enhance the school curriculum with teaching delivered by Warwick staff. They are short courses intended to give a flavour of teaching at an undergraduate level. Students must be at least 16 years in order to apply, but there are no subject specific criteria. All we ask is that students have an interest in the subject and have a desire to learn new ideas!
Pre-University Taster Bursaries We offer a small number of bursaries per taster session to students from a widening participation background who wish to study on the Pre University Tasters. Bursaries will include full tuition and catering. For more information about this, please visit our bursary scheme webpage.
Information about the courses There is some information below and we would be most grateful if you could please pass this information onto students in Years 12 and 13 and perhaps parents if appropriate.
Intellectually curious, keen to make new friends, have a thirst for knowledge and wish to test-drive university learning in the heart of London’s exciting, new Knowledge Quarter? The University of Warwick – one of the UK’s leading Russell Group Universities – is offering a suite of Pre-University Course in Economics, History of Art and Philosophy and Literature. Our courses are designed for students who will be applying (or have applied) to university and who wish to enhance the school curriculum with teaching delivered by Warwick staff. Price and discounts: We offer an early bird booking discount if you book more than a week before the start of the course. We also offer a small number of bursaries per taster session to students from a widening participation background who wish to study on the Pre University Tasters. Entry criteria: We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals. You must be at least 16 years in order to apply and be undertaking or have previously completed A-levels or equivalent (key stage 5). There are no subject specific criteria apart from an interest in the subject and the desire to learn new ideas. More information about all our courses and the application form can be found online. For any queries, please contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that neither I nor Wellington have vetted or significantly researched these opportunities. They have been selected due to being of potential interest to pupils and assumed to be supported by a recognised institution and thus thought to be worthy of note. Do please carry out your own research and do please let me know if you have any opinions on these opportunities, good or bad, so this service can be improved.