- MODERN AND MEDIEVAL LANGUAGES, HISTORY AND MODERN LANGUAGES, OR HISTORY OF ART AT CAMBRIDGE. On Friday 16th February, Murray Edwards College, Cambridge, will be holding a Taster Day for Year 12 students who are interested in studying either Modern and Medieval Languages, History and Modern Languages, or History of Art at undergraduate level. The programme will include sessions providing information on the content and structure of these courses, as well as taster sessions led by subject specialists at the University of Cambridge. For further information, or to book places, please email Dr Hazel Collinson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Senior Recruitment and Outreach Officer, Murray Edwards College.
- GAP YEAR WORKING OPPORTUNITY. KING’S HOUSE SCHOOL, IAPS Preparatory School for 400 boys aged 4-13 with a co-ed Nursery of 60 children aged 3-4 is seeking from Sept 2018 a GAP student. Fixed term contract – up to 12 months, £11,200 per annum (pro-rata). We are looking to recruit a reliable and flexible individual to support our PE staff in lessons and games sessions as well as squads and fixtures during the week and on Saturdays. The successful individual will also be required to provide support with reading in our Learning Support Department and assist with playground duties on a daily basis. This position is full-time and will ideally be for a fixed period of 1 year. We would, however, also be happy to consider applications from suitable candidates for 1 or 2 terms. To apply, please request an application pack and form from email@example.com. Deadline for applications – Monday 5 February 2018. King’s House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo the child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service and references from previous employers.
- LAW APPRENTICESHIP CONFERENCE: SATURDAY 17 MARCH 2018. The Lawyer Portal have organised this free conference for students, delivered by lawyers and legal educators from top institutions. See https://www.thelawyerportal.com/event/law-apprenticeships-conference/
- OXFORD AND CAMBRIDGE STUDENT CONFERECNES. We are delighted to invite you and your students to one of eight FREE Student Conferences, organised by the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge
- These full-day conferences are available to students from all UK schools and colleges currently in Year 12 or equivalent, studying for A Levels or comparable qualifications. The conferences include:
- Course information sessions with taster lectures delivered by current Oxford and Cambridge teaching staff
- Up-to-date information on applying to Oxford and Cambridge (including Student Life)
- Student finance and graduate prospects
- Information for teachers and HE advisors
Admissions Tutors and other staff from both universities will be on hand to answer questions and there will be the opportunity to talk informally to current undergraduates.
How to book?
Admission to the conferences is by advance ticket only and places are allocated on a first come first served basis, up to a maximum of 25 students per school or college. Booking is only available online via the Student Conferences website: www.studentconferences.org.uk. Please note that bookings must be made by a member of staff on behalf of their students. Full information about how to book tickets, including how to provisionally reserve places, can be found here.
Please note that neither I nor Wellington have vetted or significantly researched these opportunities. They have been selected due to being of potential interest to pupils and assumed to be supported by a recognised institution and thus thought to be worthy of note. Do please carry out your own research and do please let me know if you have any opinions on these opportunities, good or bad, so this service can be improved.