- GAP OPPORUNITY IN AUSTRALIA. An OW in Cambridge is making enquiries on behalf of a local contact of his who owns a significant amount of land in Australia. He regularly has a requirement for people to undertake harvest and cultivation work on very large scale arable operations. This may suit somebody looking to expand their farming experience or as part of a working gap year. If you are interested then please contact me at CBE@wellingtoncollege.org.uk
- NEUROSCIENCE. Careers in Neuroscience. With a degree in neuroscience or a related discipline there are many exciting careers from which to choose outlined on the British Neuroscience Association web site, which also has a careers guide for sixth formers available for free download. read more
- STUDY ABROAD SCHOLARSHIPS. 10 Study Abroad Scholarships you need to know about. If you have students considering studying abroad, make them aware of the huge number of funding opportunities available. read more
- UNIVERSITY IN CANADA – A WORLD OF POSSIBILITIES AWAITS. Free Webinar for Students – Tuesday 21 February 2017 – 11:00 – 12:00 (London, GMT). Every year, students around the globe choose to pursue their education in Canada. Known for outstanding quality of life, safe and vibrant multicultural cities, beautiful spaces and first class health care, Canada is internationally recognised for a competency-based teaching approach that prepares students to be productive in the workplace immediately after graduation. The High Commission of Canada is hosting a webinar open to everyone interested in studying in Canada. An official from Global Affairs Canada will present information and answer your questions live. Please note that this session will be conducted in English only. To participate, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, citizenship, country of residence and email. Please also be sure to include Study in the subject line of your email.
- UNIVERSITIES AROUND THE WORLD – THE STUDENT WORLD 2017 Free Study Abroad Fair, Emirates Stadium, London – Saturday 18 March 2017 – 11:00-16:00 http://thestudentworld.com . This fair is dedicated to helping students like you discover the numerous educational opportunities available around the world. You will connect with representatives from universities, language schools, colleges, government agencies and many more international institutions. The Student World offers a huge variety of options to help you find the right study abroad programme/course and destination for your next adventure.
- INTERNSHIPS – VERY USEFUL INFORMATION. Although this article is from the USA it will reflect the UK as well. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/03/education/edlife/top-20-fields-for-internships-get-your-skills-on.html?smprod=nytcore-ipad&smid=nytcore-ipad-share .
Chris Ewart (Head of Careers writes) “Please note that neither I nor Wellington have vetted or significantly researched these opportunities. They have been selected due to being of potential interest to pupils and assumed to be supported by a recognised institution and thus thought to be worthy of note. Do please carry out your own research and do please let me know if you have any opinions on these opportunities, good or bad, so this service can be improved.”