- GERMAN WRITING COMPETITION The 5th DAAD-IMLR German Writing Competition has now been launched. Further details and the full competition brief can be accessed via this link: https://www.daad.org.uk/en/2018/05/23/daad-imlr-competition-2018-launched/
- WORK EXPERIENCE AUCTION. An auction of work experience has been launched by Ufton Court. This is a fundraiser in aid of Ufton Adventure, a charity that helps children from disadvantaged backgrounds to raise their aspirations and, ultimately, their attainment. It for the ends at 9pm on Sunday 17th June 2018. They are be able to offer work experience in the following sectors: Architecture, Art, Charity, Catering, Dentistry, Estate Management, Event Management, Fashion, Finance, Floristry, Interior Design, Journalism, Law, Land Management, Law, Party Planning, Racing, Teaching. To see what is on offer and bid go to: https://uftoncourt.co.uk/auction . All work experiences packages are bespoke opportunities that have been kindly donated by our supporters. They are suited to a variety of ages but you must be 18 or over. The Auction runs until 9pm on Sunday, 17th June 2018. Winning bids will be contacted once the auction closes, with the details of how to contact the respective employers. email@example.com Tel: 0118 983 2099
- ENGINEERING. The Young Engineer Programme. University College London – Saturday 21st July UCL write to update you on The Young Engineer Programme to be held at UCL on 21st July. The Young Engineer Programme brings leading engineers from the most desirable sectors – including electric vehicle design, space & aeronautical engineering, and software app development – to provide students with the complete engineering work experience. High-profile engineers attending the programme will include:
– Electric Vehicle Lead from Renault
– Space Programme Director for The UK Space Agency
– Software Engineer for Android
– Rocket Design Lead Engineer for Hypersonic Propulsion
– Geotechnical Engineer from Atkins Global
– Creative Technologist in Virtual Reality Development
Students will be coached by these engineers through thrilling simulations such as designing their own electric vehicle, launching a space shuttle, and coding valuable software. In addition, an entire section will be dedicated to training students in how to get a top job in engineering, starting with university and degree choices…
- MEDICS. Medicine UCAS Day – Year 10 – 13 Students. Next month during the school holidays Imperial have a full day where students in years 10-13 can come and learn all about the UCAS personal statement, interview techniques, UKCAT preparation, work experience and everything they need to know to successfully apply to medicine. It is being held at Imperial College London during the upcoming Summer holidays on Wednesday the 25th July 2018. If you are interested in careers in medicine then you can sign up if you wish to attend.
- UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS AND BURSARIES. Tuition fees are often cited as one of the biggest obstacles to attending university. This article will help your students to find out how they can reduce their financial burden with the help of scholarships and bursaries. https://www.unifrog.org/know-how/scholarships-and-bursaries?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter%207&utm_content=Newsletter%207+CID_2ba73b638c794241e6cdfa09e860ece3&utm_source=Email%20marketing%20software&utm_term=Read%20the%20article%20here
Please note that neither I nor Wellington have vetted or significantly researched these opportunities. They have been selected due to being of potential interest to pupils and assumed to be supported by a recognised institution and thus thought to be worthy of note. Do please carry out your own research and do please let me know if you have any opinions on these opportunities, good or bad, so this service can be improved.
If any course you are interested in is during term time make sure you seek HM permission to miss any of your school commitments before you book a place on the course.
Mr Chris Ewart